Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Ginger chutney

Ginger is good for digestion and I love the flavour of ginger in everything, be it tea, chutney or uppuma. When used in the right dish in the right manner, it enhances the taste of the food. I came up with this ginger chutney one morning, when I was in a hurry, not having enough time or patience to fry them in oil, cool and then grind, I just combined everything that  I thought would taste good, in a blender, made a puree and then let it boil in oil for a few minutes while I carried on with my work. Needless to say it turned out to be a big hit. Though the ingredients look similar in all the chutneys, the taste definitely differs, when done in different methods. This is a very easy chutney which can be made in a jiffy.
Ingredients
1.Onion -1
2.Tomato -2
3.Red chilly -1or2
4.Ginger -1inch piece
5. Salt

Method
Grind all this together in a blender.
 1. Heat 2 to 3tsps of oil in a pan, add mustard + urad dhal, when it crackles add curry leaves, 1/4tsp of asafoetida and immediately add the ground chutney with little water. Let it boil for a few minutes, until the chutney is reduced to the desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve with idly or dosai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...