Thursday, 9 December 2010

Kara chips - spicy maida chips

A simple and an instant snack that everybody prepares here. If I am making too many fried items then I blame it on rain, there is this constant demand and craving for crisp food when it rains.
Ingredients
1. Flour - 1cup
2. Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
3. Chilly+coriander powder - 3/4tsp
4. Asafoetida - a pinch
5. Salt -1/4tsp
6. Coriander leaves -2tsp
        or
       Mint leaves 
7. Oil for frying








Method
1. Combine everything from flour to chopped coriander leaves, add water and knead to a soft dough.
2. Divide into four portions.
3. Take a portion, roll as thin as possible, Cut lengthwise, vertically an inch apart, make horizontal cuts across, so that you get small squares or diamonds. Repeat the same with the rest of the portions.
4. Fry the squares in oil until crisp. Store it in air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...