Friday, 3 December 2010

Milagai Bajji - Chilly bajji

It’s raining outside. No one cane resist a hot cup of coffee and spicy chilly bajjii. Reminds me of Marina beach.


Ingredients
1. Green Chilly - 200gms
2. Bengal gram flour - 1cup
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
4. Chilly+coriander powder - 1 1/2tsp
5. Asafoetida - a pinch
6. Salt
7. Raw rice flour - 1tbsp
8. Oil for frying
9. Ginger garlic paste - 1/2tsp (optional)







Method
1. Combine everything from bengal gram flour to rice flour, add water and mix to make a batter.
2. Deseed the chillies, dip it in the batter until it is coated on all sides, slide it in hot oil and deep fry till it is cooked. Potato slices, onion slices, plantain slices, even bread slices cut in long stripes like french fries, can be used to make bajii with the same batter. I can guarantee that bread bajii will be a hit among kids. Can add ginger garlic paste to the batter if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...