Friday, 3 December 2010

Peas and paneer masala

In school, my lunch box was always confiscated everytime it was packed with chappathi and peas masala. I remember giving a written recipe from my mother to my friend who had asked for it and later said that it did not taste the same at home. Even I would say the same thing, though I follow exactly the method she says I never get that taste, even my son says that mine does not taste as good as his grandmother’s, wonder why. Paneer is something I added to the masala, those days we never heard of paneer.

Ingredients
1.Onion - 2
2. Tomato - 3
3. Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
4. Chilly + coriander powder - 2 1/2tsp
5. Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
6. Peas - 100gms
7. Paneer - 200gms
8. Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon - each 2
9. Oil - 1 1/2tbsp
10. Tomato sauce - 1tbsp
11. Coriander leaves - 1tbsp
12. Salt

Method
1. Cook peas separately.
2. Paneer can be fried in a tbsp of oil or can be added directly to the masala.
3. Make a paste of onion and tomato separately.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and when they crackle, add onion paste and saute until it is cooked.
5. Add ground tomato paste and stir until it is cooked, add ginger garlic paste stir and add turmeric powder, chilly+coriander powder and salt.
6. Let it boil for some time, add cooked peas and roasted paneer, add tomato sauce and cook on low heat until the oil separated out. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti, chapathi or naan. Follow the same method while using channa, soya or kidney beans but try adding a bit of garam masala powder, little cream for different taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...