Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Flour-less Chocolate cake

This beautiful cake is from a blog, that has beautiful and very delicious shots, a real treat for the eyes. The cake was super spongy and melted in the mouth. As usual junior and I, couldn’t wait to finish it, but managed to save some for my better half, who later, when asked, how was the cake, commented,  "What cake ? I thought it was chocolate". I guess he is also slowly getting into our chocolate madness.


Ingredients
Bittersweet chocolate             8ounces (225 g) chopped
(with 70% cocoa )
Butter                                        1 stick ( cut in small pieces ) ( I used 100 g )
Eggs                                           5
Sugar                                         1/2cup

Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Cocoa powder  2tbsp for dusting


Method
Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
Stir until smooth. 
Whisk egg yolks with sugar in a bowl.
Add this egg mix into the slightly cool chocolate, whisking until well blend.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
Whisk 1/4 of the whites into chocolate mix, gently fold remaining whites into the chocolate, with a spatula. 
Transfer to a greased 8"baking pan dusted with cocoa powder and bake at 350*F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Bake until tooth pick comes out clean. 


Note:
It took only 40 minutes to cook in my oven at 180*c.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...