Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Apple Cobbler

Wow! What a tour! I had been to the other side of the world and came back with loads of chocolate, beautiful images and wonderful memories. I had my first taste of luscious waffles in Belgium,  savoured every bite of the Pizza in Italy, Sitting in the midst of black forest in Germany, dug into the black forest cake, munched on crunchy and soft centred macrons in Luxembourg and became an addict to Chocolate truffles from Switzerland. Will be posting some beautiful pictures in Fascinating Chennai soon. Once back home, I guess it is time to shed those extra kilos and laziness and get to work.  Haven’t started any serious cooking yet, the following post, Apple Cobbler is one of the few, I had saved before I left. Recipe source bbcgoodfood.com.


Ingredients
Apples            2 small sized or 1 cup
Sugar              3tsp
Lemon juice   1/2tsp
Water
Put sliced apples in a pan with lemon juice, sugar and a tablespoon of water, bring to a boil, cover and cook until the apple slices are soft. Transfer to a buttered pie dish.


Flour                           50 g
Butter                          25 g
Caster sugar               25 g
Egg                              1/2 (beaten)
Milk                            3 tbsp
Walnut                        25 g
Cinnamon powder     1/2tsp
       or
vanilla                         1/2tsp
Baking powder           1/2tsp


Whisk flour with baking powder and cinnamon powder ( if used)
Add butter, cut into small cubes to the flour mixture and rub with finger tips.
Stir in the sugar, add milk, egg and mix gently to a soft batter.
Pour over the fruits in the pie dish and scatter the nuts.
Bake at180*c for about 35minutes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Note: As I prefer vanilla over cinnamon, I used vanilla.
          Serves two, with two scoops of ice cream.
          Apples will be mildly sweet, as I prefer that way. Add more sugar, if desired.
          I have used almonds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...