Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Kadaai Paneer

I was a little charged the past week and cooked a lot of food that I had not planned. But, what I had planned to do, did not happen, especially, baking a cake. I have been craving for a good piece of cake, for the past two weeks and I am still working on it, gathering the ingredients, to make exactly what I have in mind.
I am so absent minded, that for a long time, I was planning to make the kadaai paneer and take a shot, served, in a traditional style in a beautiful mini kadaai. But, finally when I did make the curry, I completely forgot about the kadaai part and shot the curry served in a bowl, a ruined plan that I realised after many hours. Planning never works for me. So, here’s the Kadaai Paneer sans the Kadaai.


Ingredients
Onion                                                     1
Capsicum                                               1
Tomatoes                                               3
Ginger garlic paste                               1tsp
Turmeric powder                                 1/4tsp
Chilly + coriander powder                  2tsp
Cumin powder                                      1/4tsp
Garam masala powder                        1/2tsp
Oil                                                           1 and 1/2 tbsp
Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon            1each
Paneer                                                   200 gms
Curd                                                       100 ml (well beaten)
Sugar                                                     1/2tsp
Kasuri methi                                        1tsp


Method
Grind the tomatoes to a fine paste.
Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. 
Add finely chopped onion and saute until it is soft and pink. 
Add the capsicum cut in small squares and stir until it is cooked.
Add the tomato puree and when it begins to boil add the ginger garlic paste.
After a minute add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilly powder, salt and the beaten curd.
Close the pan and cook for a few minutes until the oil separates and comes to the surface.
Add the paneer, kasuri methi( dry fenugreek leaves blanched in hot water), sugar, stir and serve hot with roti.
How I made paneer
Boil a litre of milk, add a tbsp of lemon juice and stir, the milk will curdle in a few seconds. Pour this in a strainer, rinse in cold water ( I forgot to do this and the paneer tasted lemony, which was good) and press until all the liquid from the paneer is extracted. Transfer the paneer to a plate, add a pinch of salt and knead lightly, this will bring the paneer together. Transfer this to a box and press tightly. Place some heavy weight on it and chill for 2 hours or more for the paneer to get into shape.
Cut into squares and use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...