Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Nethili Fry - Anchovies Fry

Nethili fry is served as a starter and even makes a perfect accompaniment for rice with rasam. If you happen to be the one who’s cooking this fish, then I can guarantee you that its hard to stop eating these hot and crisp golden beauties, as you fry them.
(I take back my words, that I said about the restaurant, because I found the anchovies fry very salty and inedible, when I had them recently from there. Sadly, the quality was compromised. Not my favourite place any more)





Ingredients
Anchovies                                500 gm
Turmeric powder                   3/4 tsp
Chilly + coriander powder    3tsp
Cornflour                                 1 1/4 tsp
Salt
Oil


Add the turmeric powder, Chilly + coriander powder, cornflour and salt to the fish and mix thoroughly until the fish is coated with the masala evenly.
Leave it aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
Heat the oil and deep fry the anchovies, until golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot.


Note:
The fish should be fried till they are crisp. The fish is eaten along with the bones, just like chips, as the bones also get cooked, when frying. So it will be crunchy, including the tail and there won’t be anything to discard at all.
Can add red food colour or kashmiri chilly powder, if desired to make them look more attractive.
Can fry some curry leaves and mix in with fried anchovies for flavour.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...