Friday, 22 July 2011

Souffle’ Cookies - Chocolate, Peanut butter

                         I think its time for a chocolate recipe. Chocolate souffle cookies are meringue cookies, crisp on the outside, soft and fudgy inside.  Found this chocolate souffle cookie displayed in this studio amidst the wonderful pastries and sweets. Every time I pick a recipe from other blogs, I feel like I am collecting a rare and a precious jewel and for that matter, I think I have made a good collection of fabulous recipes that are truly precious and satisfying.


The first batch of cookies had no takers. That’s the truth, a bitter truth, literally, because the cookies were way too bitter - I used bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa)  and for people who are used to sugar soaked sweets like gulab jamun, there’s nothing surprising about it.  I loved the bitterness and the healthy proportion of ingredients, with just a little sugar, it was a wonderful cookie. Though a little disappointed, I wasn’t going to give up and made another batch of cookies, this time with semi - sweet chocolate and there, it was all gone, perfect for the sugar cravin' palates.  I tried using a big dollop of whipped egg whites and peanut butter just enough to make a couple of peanut butter cookies, but unable to take the expressions like, "Is that all ?", "just two", "I want more",  I ended up whipping more egg whites again, making another batch of cookies. I am not that persevering kind, the last time I ever tried somethin' more than once consecutively was writing my medical entrance exam thrice in the 90’s, that  too in vain and now, I have tried the same recipe thrice consecutively, that’s unbelievable.


Ingredients
Chocolate souffle Cookies

Semi - sweet chocolate          6 oz (or) 170 gms
Egg whites                               2
Cream of tartar 
or
Lemon juice                            1/8 tsp
Vanilla                                     1/2tsp
Sugar                                        1/4 cup
Walnuts (chopped)                1/2 cup


Method
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler ( chopped chocolate pieces taken in a bowl, kept over a pan of boiling water without touching the water ) stir until smooth, remove from heat and let it cool.
Whip egg whites with lemon juice, until soft peak forms.
Add the vanilla and sugar. Beat until stiff peak forms. Do not over beat, else it will become dry.
Sprinkle nuts and pour the cooled chocolate. Fold the mixture gently, until evenly mixed.
Drop a tbs of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with little space in between. 
Bake at 180*c for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies look cracked.


Peanut butter cookies
Ingredients
Egg whites            2
Lemon juice         1/8 tsp
Sugar                     1/4 cup
Peanut butter       50 gms
Vanilla                   1/4 tsp ( optional)
Crushed Peanuts to sprinkle (optional)


Melt the peanut butter in a double boiler. Stir until smooth and let it cool.
Whip the egg whites with lemon juice till soft peak forms.
Add the sugar, vanilla and beat until stiff peak forms. Fold in the melted peanut butter. Drop a tbsp of batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle the crushed peanuts and bake at 180*c for about 12 - 15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...