Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Stuffed Chapathi with Peppery Egg Scramble

                                   What started as my diet food, became my family’s favourite. This used to my lunch, back in those days, when I was trying to lose my post delivery weight. This is something that I made only for me back then, but when people at home happened to taste it by chance, they grumbled, why I wasn't making it for them. I always kept trying different combinations of food that would keep me satiated and it was a bit of a surprise when they liked  this simple, scrambled egg with pepper stuffed chapati. Since then, it has become a part of our regular dinner menu.




This chapathi can be had without any accompaniment at all, but if needed, can be served with any vegetable curry or dal or just onion raitha. The egg scramble with pepper goes well with bread too.




Ingredients for the Stuffing
Onion                      2 (medium size)
Eggs                         2
Salt                          1tsp
Pepper powder      2 tsp
Oil                            1tbsp
Curry leaves

Method
Heat oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onions, curry leaves and sauté until the onions turn pink and soft.
Break in the eggs, give a stir, add the salt and stir until the eggs are cooked.
Add the pepper powder, stir for a minute and try to scramble the eggs into small pieces. Remove from heat and let it cool.


Prepare Roti/chapathi dough and divide into portions.
Roll out each portion into a circle, place a small amount of the egg mixture on one half of the circle, cover it with the other half and fold to form a triangle or  place the mixture in the centre and bring the edges to the centre, to form a circular chapathi.
Roll out again gently, cook on a medium hot tawa, sprinkling 1/4 tsp of oil on both the sides of the roti, cook until done.
Repeat the same with the rest of the dough. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...