Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Potato 'n' Peanut Cutlet

                                 It is the worst time of the year, when the summer heat is at its peak and as if that is not enough, adding to our woes is the frequent power cut that is driving everyone crazy. Although the weather is not conducive to indulge in serious cooking, with kids at home for summer holidays that is no excuse. My son loves cutlets, even as a child, he would brighten up at the sight of cutlets and I know, it is one of the best ways to make him eat vegetables, which he would always be too happy to finish. Only problem I face is,  he always wants more and these potato 'n' peanut cutlet are no exception!


Ingredients
Cooked and mashed potatoes           1 1/3 cup
Roasted and powdered peanuts       2 tbsp
Roasted and powdered cumin          1/2 tsp
Green chilly                                         1
Chilli powder                                      1/2 tsp
Chopped mint leaves                         1 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves                1 tbsp
Cornflour                                             3 tsp
Salt                                                       1/2 tsp
Water                                                   1 tbsp
Oil                                                         2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste                             1/2 tsp
Bread crumbs                                      1 cup


Method
In a wide bowl, combine mashed potatoes, chopped green chilly, chilly powder, cumin powder, chopped coriander and mint leaves, salt, ginger garlic paste, peanut powder and mix well.
Make small patties. ( Makes about 7)
Mix cornflour with water and dip the patties in this cornflour mixture and coat it with bread crumbs.
Dust off excess bread crumbs and fry in batches in a pan on medium heat.
Use a tbsp of oil for about 4 cutlets and another tbsp for the second batch.


Note:
Deep fry the patties if desired, to get evenly browned cutlets.
Can roll into cylindrical shapes instead of round discs.
In case of deep frying, fry only one cutlet at a time or else the cutlets will disintegrate.


      I have included a new page called my juke box, which you can enjoy listening if you like and I am thinking of introducing another page to publish readers review, as it would be helpful to others who might want to try the recipes. Although some of you have mailed me your happy experience of trying my recipes, I cannot publish it without your permission. So, I would like to get feed backs from all those who have tried my recipes, may be even photographs, which will be published in a separate page called ‘Review’. I assure you that your email id’s will not be published, only message and the name of the sender will be published. Looking forward to your feed back. Thank you all.
Email   -   mykitchenrhapsody@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...