Monday, 11 June 2012

Summer Mango Pudding With Raspberry Jam

                            I don’t know about others, but I love to eat mangoes, 'the king of all fruits' with bare hands, ripping the skin apart, biting into the juicy flesh of the ripe fruit, the juice dripping down the arms, mouth smeared with bits and pieces of the yellow pulp, clothes getting messy and no matter how big or small, stopping with just one always seems impossible to me. It’s a pleasure that can never be replaced by a bowl of sliced fruit and I am particularly talking about mangoes from Salem, that tastes sweeter and luscious, than what we get here in chennai and it is best, eaten this way. But, I am surprised by kids of this generation who prefer to eat the fruit, cut into cubes, stylishly presented in a bowl and their lack of interest in eating the fruit unless they are told to!


                               Besides my preference of eating mangoes in a particular style, I still try to present the fruit in many avatars , that surely draws the attention of the lazy, who care less to eat the fruit. This mango pudding is one such classic avatar that you will wish to make every mango season. Topped with the slightly tangy and sweet raspberry jam it compliments well with the sweet and creamy 'summer mango pudding'.


                                   I have never seen a raspberry fruit in my country, it is the jam that always comes handy, so use raspberry compote if you can find fresh ones. Though, even strawberry will work fine, to get strawberry and mango together seems to be elusive, as mangoes arrive only when strawberry season gets over and by chance, if I ever, ever get these two together, I know exactly the dessert that’s in my mind and one that I have always wanted to make, using these fruits.


                            I have already made this mango pudding twice this week, but with different flavours, which was served to a bunch of kids. But the cardamom flavour did not go well with one kid, while others left back clean bowls. The following one with vanilla flavour was super delicious and the silky consistency confused me a bit and I was wondering if  I should name it a mango pudding or  a mango mousse!  It’s a super easy dessert that requires no effort and even a kid can make it without any help.




Ingredients
Mango puree               1 cup
Thick coconut milk    1 cup
Condensed milk          1/2 cup ( about 200 gms)
Vanilla                          5 - 6 drops
Raspberry jam             2 tsp


Method
Combine condensed milk and coconut milk, stir and add in the mango puree and vanilla.
Whisk until everything is well mixed.
Divide the mixture into 4 ramekins and bake in a preheated oven, at 140*c for about 15 minutes.
Whisk the jam until smooth and spread it on the baked pudding.
Let it cool. Chill the pudding for 3 - 4 hours. Serve cold.



Note:
In this summer mango pudding with raspberry jam, cream can be used instead of coconut milk and only if desired, cardamom can be used instead of vanilla, but, if making for strangers, I would suggest using vanilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...