Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Triple Chocolate Cookies

                       I had this habit of eating a chocolate bar on every last day of the week, during college. Except for an occasional samosa or a movie, the 50 bucks that my mother gave every week for my daily expenses was always saved for this little fetish of mine. I would buy a bar of chocolate and walk home slowly, enjoying the silky chocolate melting in my mouth, little by little and would reach home with chocolate stained teeth and hands and the price I paid for this addiction; before I turned thirty, all my wisdom teeth were extracted. Visiting a dentist has always been mocked as a scary affair throughout the world. My first extraction went smoothly at the age of nineteen, but only with an extra dose of anaesthetic to my doctor’s surprise. My second tooth extraction in my mid 20’s, was the worst, as the pain from the tooth decay that made me immobile, failed to respond to several heavy doses of antibiotic, my dentist decided to go ahead with the extraction, even though the anaesthetic had very little effect. With a loud screaming and an agonising pain,  my ordeal came to an end, when the tooth was extracted. But  the episode left a ghastly effect on his other clients, who were waiting outside, as they all looked pale and petrified, on hearing my loud cry and they did not show any haste in entering when they saw me leaving with a swollen mouth and a painful expression on my face! When the last of my wisdom tooth was extracted in my early 30’s, I was warned by my dentist that, if I came back again, there’s going to be only root canal treatment and no more extraction,which I guess is more painful! At this rate, initially, I thought I was going to look like a toothless witch, but with controlled portions, I have managed to save the remaining teeth so far and I have no complaints about the little dimple on my cheeks( unless, it gets wider ! ) No matter what, I will always celebrate chocolate.


              Triple chocolate cookie, that resembles an elephant's foot, is more like a fudgy cake in the form of a cookie, soft and delicious.  I was thinking of making it a quadruple chocolate cookie by sandwiching the cookies with nutella, but once I started eating the cookie the thought never came to my mind, as it was already sweet and fudgy and when it did, everything was gone! These triple chocolate cookies suits well for one of those chocolate craving moments and one that will leave everyone asking for more, for its rich chocolate taste and moist texture. Just try it.


Adapted from 'makinglifedelicious'
Ingredients
Flour                                   1 cup
Cocoa Powder                    1/4 cup
Baking Powder                  1 tsp
Salt                                      1/2 tsp
Dark Chocolate                  225 gms
Eggs                                     2
Vanilla                                 1 tsp
Instant Coffee Powder      1 tsp
Butter                                  100 gms
Light brown sugar             3/4 cup
Granulated sugar               1/4 cup
Chocolate chips                  125 gms


Method
Combine and sift, flour + cocoa+baking powder+salt
Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir until smooth and keep it aside.
Beat eggs+vanilla lightly with fork.
Sprinkle coffee powder to dissolve.
Beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Beat in sugars until combined ( will look granular).
On low speed beat in egg mixture, until blended.
Add in melted chocolate and mix until combined.
On low speed, add flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Add in the chocolate chips.


Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with a greased baking paper and scoop 1/4 cup of the dough on to the lined baking sheet.
Chill for 10 minutes.
Bake at 180*c for 10 minutes only. Let it cool completely. It will firm up.





2 comments:

  1. hai chitti this is swarna.how are you? The picture itself makes me to take a experience of cooking this one.Can we do this triple chocolate cookie in normal microwave oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sweetheart, I am fine.Thank you. I am sorry you cannot make this in a microwave oven. If you want to make something chocolatey without using an oven, try steamed chocolate pudding.

      Delete

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...