Monday, 25 March 2013

Poached Apple In Strawberry Sauce

                 When I pulled out the box of strawberries and some bananas, all I had in my mind was to fix a drink for myself. But it so happened that, looking at the gorgeous ripe and dark red berries,  I didn't want it to blend them to a usual frothy drink, instead, wanting to make something exotic with my last batch of strawberries from this season; this beautiful was dessert was born without a second thought and it hardly took 20 minutes to fix this simple dessert. Sounds good?


                   Since, I was making this for myself, I used one large apple, but in the end, three spoons dug in and I was left with only the core and was scrapping every last edible bit from the apple. If you can manage to find some good strawberries now, try the recipe, every kid and every adult will love it! The poached apple, looking like a glossy candy apple, masquerades as one giant strawberry with a sweet and the tart taste of the fruit. Served warm with cold ice cream, the duo embrace each other and provides an ethereal experience, making it a perfect dessert. 


Ingredients
Strawberry    1 cup
Apple           1 large or 2 small
Sugar           1/4 cup
Water          1/4 cup
Cloves          2
Cinnamon     1
Star anise      1
Zest of an     orange


Method
Take strawberries, sugar and water in a pan, throw in cloves, cinnamon, star anise and the grated orange zest .
Bring to a boil, place the peeled apples in the sauce, close the pan and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, turn the apple upside down and cook for another 5 minutes. 
Check if the apples are cooked and remove from the sauce. 
Raise the heat and stir until the strawberry sauce thickens.
Drizzle the sauce over the apple and serve with ice cream.


 Note:
You can add or skip spices of your choice.
I used Himalayan red apple and served with "fruits and cream" ice-cream.





2 comments:

  1. Hi, i tried it today.. it was just awesome.. thanks a lot... everyone loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Vaishnavi.

      Delete

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...