Monday, 17 June 2013

Scrambled Eggs

                      My maiden attempt in making scrambled eggs in my 20's surprised the ladies at home, who kept on asking how I made it, though all I did was to follow their instructions down to a 'T'! But loved the fact that I made better scrambled eggs, that impressed the best cook and the most experienced lady in the house, though I still do not know how and was never able to repeat that magic, as I couldn't please them again as much as I did the first time. For a long time scrambled eggs remains to be my favourite, the old fashioned style with onions, green chillies and with a subtle flavour of curry leaves. Be it with bread or rice, it pairs beautifully with the food it accompanies, especially, when served with rasam I could never have enough of it. But, there are times when we would crave for something with more flavour, with some punch and this version of scrambled eggs, will fill that vacuum. It's a comfort food that will suit those occasional moody weathers with a set of soft bread or roti. 
The texture of the egg is to be noted here, as that's what makes a good scrambled egg. When the eggs are soft, it would almost taste like brain fry, if not then it will be more like eating tofu fry, which I don't think anyone would prefer!


Ingredients
Eggs                                   2
Onion                                 2 small
Green chilly                           1 small
Turmeric powder                   1/4 tsp
Chilly+coriander Powder         1/4 tsp
Cinnamon                           1 small piece
Cloves                                2
Chicken curry powder            1/2 tsp
Salt                                   3/4 tsp
Curry leaves 
Coriander leaves


Method
Heat a tbsp of oil in a kadai and add cinnamon and cloves.
Throw in the curry leaves, chopped green chilly and onion and stir until it begins to change colour.
Add in the turmeric powder, chilli+ coriander powder, chicken curry powder salt and stir for a few seconds.
Add the scrambled eggs, stir on low heat only just until everything is well mixed and turn off. 
Add the chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti, bread or rice.
To scramble the eggs
Heat a tbsp and half of oil in a separate pan.
Whisk the eggs slightly and when the oil is hot, add the eggs and stir only till the eggs gather and begins to scramble. ( This will ensure you get soft and fluffy eggs, if kept on heat for a longer period the eggs will become hard )




Note:
You can add or skip spices of your choice like, you can skip the cinnamon and cloves and use fennel or use all three of them or some cardamom too.
If desired sprinkle a dash of pepper powder before removing from the heat.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think
Hiya all,
Finally on this day of october the 1st, 2012, I have decided to include the comment form, after a long gap of two years. But, I am going to be a bit selfish here and keep all those nice and lovely things that is said for me and only me to cherish and will be sharing any queries that requires clarifications and your experience about the food if you have tried my recipes. So, drop in a word if you have anything to say and thanks a lot for stopping by.
"Have a nice day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...