A simple and an instant snack that everybody prepares here. If I am making too many fried items then I blame it on rain, there is this constant demand and craving for crisp food when it rains.
1. Flour - 1cup
2. Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
3. Chilly+coriander powder - 3/4tsp
4. Asafoetida - a pinch
5. Salt -1/4tsp
6. Coriander leaves -2tsp
7. Oil for frying
1. Combine everything from flour to chopped coriander leaves, add water and knead to a soft dough.
2. Divide into four portions.
3. Take a portion, roll as thin as possible, Cut lengthwise, vertically an inch apart, make horizontal cuts across, so that you get small squares or diamonds. Repeat the same with the rest of the portions.
4. Fry the squares in oil until crisp. Store it in air tight container.